Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sleeping Under the Influence of Jet Lag & Crickets

I really haven't had a major problem with jet lab. However, I have been waking up after 2 hours of sleep wide awake and thinking that I overslept. That happened last night. I woke up at 12:35 am but thought that it was 6:15 am. To make it worse, my phone uses the 24-hour clock, so it said 00:35 and I thought my phone was broken (in my dream-like state).  I eventually remembered, and convinced myself that I didn't oversleep and that 00:35 is truly a real time.

However, my waking up made me conscious of the cricket singing in my room. It was driving me nuts. I turned my light on and saw a small insect from where the noise was coming from, but I decided it was too small to make that big of a noise (dream-like state again). I finally fell back asleep only to wake up at 03:15 to the same cricket, but coming from a different location. I turned my light on again and saw the same insect in the new location. I knew it would be a long shot to kill it because they can be fast, but I found a shoe and was successful! I had a peaceful sleep for the rest of the night. 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha Always keep a shoe or slipper near your bed. Crickets aren't the only problem! :)

    ReplyDelete