Monday, March 4, 2013

Rooted and Branching Origins

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
- Colossians 2:6-7

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
- John 15:5

I am excited for this opportunity to go beyond my comfort zone and create new branches which will hopefully create new fruit. However, no matter where I go and where my branches extend, my roots always remain in Christ. No, this isn't a mission trip, it's a study abroad trip, but when did God say to only pull nutrients from our roots and build branches when we are on what we call a mission trip? I want my mission trip to be my life, a life that is rooted in Christ and branching out into the world and providing fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment